Information about the entry requirements to Tanzania
To enter Tanzania, a passport (valid for at least six months after departure) and a tourist visa are required. Every tourist must carry his passport with him at all times. We recommend that you make a photocopy of the passport and always carry it separately from the original document. When staying in cities you should leave your passport e.g. at the hotel and carry only the copy with you. Or you can scan important documents which you store in your e-mail account and thus have access to them via an Internet connection.
- The visa for non- citizens can be applied for at the Tanzanian embassy three to four weeks before departure. Since the end of November 2018, it is also possible to apply for an e-visa via the Tanzanian Immigration Department (further information about the e-visa can be found below).
- Alternatively, the visa is also available upon entry into Tanzania (to be paid in cash on site), which however has proven to be more difficult for some time and we therefore advise against it.
- For international departures from Zanzibar a departure tax of 30 USD is required (to be paid cash on site).
- Children and teenagers up to 16 years of age can enter Zanzibar with a child ID with photo.
- For direct entry from America, Canada , Europe , Asia, Middle east and Australia there are no compulsory vaccinations, for entry from a yellow fever area (e.g. neighboring countries) proof of a valid yellow fever vaccination is required from the age of 1 year. On arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport or Dar es Salaam, you will first go to the Health Desk, where the entry of the yellow fever vaccination in the WHO International Vaccination Certificate will be checked. No entry permit will be issued without a corresponding note from the health authorities.
If you intend to leave via Kenya or Uganda, you can obtain the appropriate visas at the embassies, airports or border controls.
Tips for the online visa service
Visa applicants are strongly advised to apply for their visa only through the official website of the Tanzanian Immigration Service (https://eservices.immigration.go.tz/visa/ and NOT through any other links. When applying, the applicant must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months and has at least one unused visa page.
- It is expected that the applicant applies for the correct visa category. If the applicant is not sure what type of visa he/she needs, he/she is advised to check with Tanzania Travel Adventure or via the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The visa application will be processed within ten days, so applicants are strongly advised to take the time frame into account when applying.
- Any visa application that is incorrectly submitted or does not contain sufficient attachments may be rejected.
- It is assumed that each applicant has read and accepted the conditions in the disclaimer. Therefore, the applicant is obliged to read them carefully before payment.
- No refunds will be made if a visa application is rejected.
- The Tanzanian Immigration Authority may give or withhold reasons for the rejection of the visa from the applicant.
- The visa regulations and conditions can be changed at any time and without prior notice.
- Applicants whose citizenship falls under the category of referral visa are not advised to book airline tickets or make payments for reservations in Tanzania before obtaining approval for their visa.
- Applicants for referral visas are advised to apply at least two months before their travel date.
- Applicants are required to read the list of countries covered by the recommendation visa from time to time as there may be some changes.
- Stateless persons and refugees who hold documents of the Vienna Convention are also obliged to obtain a remittance visa before entering Tanzania.
Types of e-visas
There are different types of visas depending on the purpose of a visitor/visit. If you book a trip to Tanzania through us, the following visas may be relevant for you:
Valid for a single stay in Tanzania of maximum 30 days and is valid for 30 days from the date of entry.
E-Visa is only valid for tourist purposes (holidays, visiting friends and acquaintances etc.)
Costs: 50/100 US Dollar depending on which country you are coming from.
- The application for a Tourist E-Visa must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Digital passport copy of the applicant (bio page)
- A digital photograph of the applicant, which meets the requirements of a passport photograph
- Copy of the return flight ticket
- Transit E-Visa
- for transit journeys through Tanzania to another country
- Maximum authorized stay.
For Tanzania VISA application please click the link below or contact us at +25574413100 ( Whatsapp )